Thursday, October 29, 2009

Oh Utah...

Fact of the day. In Utah, you can buy a gun pretty much anywhere, but lottery tickets are illegal. Sorry, I'd rather have some clown armed with a chance at winning 44 mil rather than a 44 mag. Just saying.

My drive to work today damn near drove me to the nuthouse. Being from a small town originally, and living 6 blocks from my job, adjusting to the 40 minute commute has been somewhat of a struggle. I will never complain about it, I'm choosing to look at it as the tradeoff for fulltime employment and financial comfort...finally! Being a housewife was somewhat less stimulating than one might think...
To be fair, I was forewarned by hubby dearest that driving, and drivers here in general, were much more aggressive and have far fewer manners than what I'm used to. (I come from a small town, I know, it's precious.) Nah, I said, it's just the highway and all highways suck, how bad could it be? Ahem. I have a sinking suspicion my car is going to need some brake work soon. Now I know your thought is going to be the first question my husband asked..."well were you on your phone?" NO, sir, I was not. When cars are bumper to bumper, one quick brake screws the line. I guess the point of my rant is to be aware of your driving, because you might suck.
End of rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment