Monday, December 7, 2009

She Needs a Reality B*** Slap

OOOK time to vent.

A (former) good friend of mine...friends since my freshman year of college, reallly good friends starting my jr and sr year, was with her the night she met the love of her life,....has hit a MAJOR nerve, whatever.
Basically, once her relationship got serious she dropped off the planet. Stopped returning my texts/calls, would randomly comment on facebook pictures but that was the extent of the friendship. Her life revolved around her boyfriend and his son...whom she affectionately (and really psychotically) referred to as her "stepson" since they started dating. She also gave the boyfriend a diamond ring brochure in the first year of their relationship. Ahem...weird? Maybe? I feel the title of Stepmom is not something you take on without the permission of father and child. Am I wrong??
Anyways...we got engaged in May, proudly posted our news on facebook and within minutes I received a text from said friend telling me I better not have gotten engaged without telling her (!!!!! followed the statement). Whatever. I only went out of my way to tell my family, and he did the same. We decided to forego the wedding chaos and simply elope (way more our taste)...(also to avoid any religious conflicts, as his family is Mormon, mine is Catholic, and we are non-practicing in either faith). Everyone was so happy! Except said friend who chose to drill me with questions and proceed to annoyingly tell me that she no longer believes in marriage and won't be marrying her boyfriend ever. It's simply "just not for them". Um ok...I still remember the diamond ring brochure...shortly after I was deleted and blocked from facebook. WAHHH! lol
Well we weren't about to let anyone ruin our happiness.
A few months later, I was getting ready to move to Utah to FINALLY live with my hubby, and my amazing friends decided to throw me a going away party. All of our friends were invited, some couldn't come for their own reasons and that was absolutely fine! The going away party ended up being a surprise post-wedding bachelorette party =) how amazing are my friends?! Well said friend was invited and announced via facebook that she would not be coming because she had an "event" that was planned before "this party thing". HAHA find out via facebook later that night (god bless smartphones) that the "event" was watching a movie with her boyfriend's son.
She proceeds to tell us that her "stepson" is more important than I ever will be...and at that point, being a few cocktails in, I lost it. I told her I saw no ring on her finger giving her the right the claim that title and let her know that we all (which we did) thought she was a glorified babysitter (her boyfriend was out with his friends at a bar)...not so nice, but I still don't care a lot.
Oooooh so the couple who doesn't believe in marriage just got engaged this weekend and are blowing the world up with their "happy news". I could vomit.

What makes people think they have the right to cut someone down for their decisions (ESPECIALLY regarding marriage) and then turn around and do the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment