Monday, November 16, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Ok, so technically it's not...it's not even Thanksgiving yet...but I've been feeling homesick and slightly dreading a holiday away from my family, so my hubby is spoiling me and letting me have my holiday fun a little earlier this year!

On Saturday, we took a trip to Target. I had every intention of buying a little (SUPER little) Christmas tree to just put on our table and that would be the extent of our Christmas decorating. Our apartment is small and jam packed with stuff so we didn't think we would be able to have a big tree. BUT, when we were looking at trees, the Christmas bug bit Mark and he agreed to a healthy 6-footer! He managed to come up with a way to rearrange the furniture so we could fit the tree, and ended up making our apartment look way more put-together than it ever has! Way to go baby! The ornaments on the tree are red, green, and silver, and we got a silver star for the topper! Our stockings are hung on the wall and there is a big dish of candy canes on the windowsill! Mark did all the lights and helped with the ornaments, and even played Christmas music while we worked =) what a guy!
The only thing I'm not winning on so far is watching The Polar Express before Thanksgiving. I keep telling him that if we don't use the 3D glasses we really aren't getting the full experience so it doesn't really count. No go so far. I'll keep working on it. =)

This was such a great weekend...spending so much time with my hubby and with our friends...just can't wait to have another weekend just like it!
Thanksgiving is SO SOON!!!! We don't have plans, it will be just the 2 of us, so I'm coming up with the menu for our Thanksgiving for 2! If I get my way there too, it will be nothing but green bean casserole and pumpkin pie. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment