Monday, November 30, 2009

No more vacation =(

How did the past 4 days go by so fast????

I was SO EXCITED to not have to work and get to spend so much time with my husband...of course it flew by.

Driving home from work on Wednesday afternoon was a freaking nightmare...everyone on the road had the same mission - "GET HOME FAST" - and didn't seem to mind coming close to causing accidents to get there. Driving on the shoulder in a construction zone? Really? Wow. I called Mark in near tears...people here lack any common sense when it comes to highway driving.
Finally make it home and start getting things ready for the Thanksgiving meal we were having with friends the next day. We took a break in the night to go look at a townhouse we are interested in moving in to. SO NICE! I love it! It's triple the size of our current place, not that much more in rent, great location, and I'll never have to do laundry outside of my home again! The other option is hubby's favorite. We haven't seen the inside yet other than pics, but the best part of this place is that it is literally ON the side of a mountain. GORGEOUS view!!! This place is even more in our price range and has a fireplace. We will hopefully get to look at it this week!!
Between Wed night and Thurs morning I made both desserts...a caramel apple cheesecake and a Guinness (hubbys fav) spice cake.
Thursday we had Thanksgiving with hubby's military friends. None of us had ever made a turkey before, but it ended up being the best turkey I've ever had! The guys wrapped it in bacon (it then became their baby that they tended OVERLY closely too all day) and shoved a can of beer inside it (no clue). The whole day was so much fun and I definitely enjoyed it more than I thought (was NOT looking forward to being away from my family).
Black Friday shopping was not something on my to-do list, and hubby decided it would be OK to wait until later in the morning to go too...we were out the door by 10:30am and shopped until around 3! I bought zero Christmas presents, but I did manage to find a few things for myself =) Christmas shopping will most likely be done online this year...that way I can ship things directly to the house they need to go to. No middle man involved!
Saturday we sat around and were total bums...we went to an indoor wavepool in the evening (it was one of hubby's kayaking events) and then went out in Salt Lake City with a couple friends! Slept cuddled up in a ball on a Lovesac all night...I wish I could say that was a sweet night and I slept like a baby...WRONG, I have a stiff neck still. But hubby was sweet and made sure I was comfortable before he went to bed. What a guy haha
Yesterday, even bigger bums than I thought was possible...got up and drove back home, decided just to go straight to the grocery store (we looked great), then went home to put everything away. Hubby's OCD kicked in and he spent quite a while rearranging the cabinets to fit everything in a more organized way...whatever. We ended up falling asleep on the living room floor for over an hour...so so so nice!
Today is Monday, I'm back at work and SUPER grouchy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment