Monday, November 2, 2009

I've got a case of the Mondays.

What a weekend!

This was one of those rare weekends that you can actually take the time to slow down and enjoy your time doing whatever it is you are doing. I even enjoyed grocery shopping this weekend, simply because I was enjoying my time with my husband!

Friday night, we went to see The Sounds...and as you may remember from my previous entry, I was none too excited about watching hubby oogle over Maja Ivarsson. Unfortunately, I have to now agree with him on her hotness...wow. Straight as an arrow, but she is hot. The concert was great! We hung out just the 2 of us, which I am still guiltfully craving alllllll the time. I can't help it! I have an awesome husband!
My only complaint about that night would be the incredible inconvenience of road construction shutting down the entire stretch of the highway home...we got lost in an extreme way (in separate cars...I may or may not have cried...we'll just leave that part alone) and had to stop for directions. What should have taken us 30 minutes, took us an hour and a half. Argh. To top that blissful little drive off, there was a sobriety check on the road we live on. Here's how that conversation went...
Cop - "Good evening ma'am, how is your night going?"
Me (in my head) - "Fine, fucker, mind taking the flashlight off my face?"
Me (legit) - "Fine."
Cop - *while shining his cute little flashlight in my car* "We are doing a standard sobriety and safety check tonight...have you had anything to drink tonight?"
Me (in my head) - "Duh."
Me (legit) - "Yea, like 5 hrs ago. Just one though."
Cop - "Well that's less than the standard 2 I usually hear."
Me (legit) - "Well if I had 2, I would have said 2. We are just coming back from a concert in SLC (referring to a duo, unfortunately I'm alone in the car)."
Cop - *shines his flashlight ALL over the inside of my car* "We? Ma'am, you're alone."
Me (in my head) - "Duh."
Me (legit) - "See that Jeep in front of me? My husband is driving it."
Cop - "Well, do me a favor and drive safe tonight."
Me (legit) - "I live at the top of the hill, we're good."
We come to find out that in SLC, Halloween weekend is referred to as the great DUI blitz. Another reason why I love this state.

Saturday afternoon, hubby added more to his collection of body art. I fully support this little addiction of his, mostly because I like watching! That night we went out with 2 of our good friends...hubby dressed as a zombie (the only Halloween costume he will ever wear) and I was a cat. Fun night! No arguing! We are getting somewhere!

Sunday was spent grocery shopping, boating, and relaxing! I LOVE my weekends!!

Let the workweek fun begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment